For those looking for small kayaks ideal for fishing and sailing, Hobie’s Mirage Sport Kayak is worth checking out. It is designed to accommodate one person and is perfect for small and average-sized users who fish small waters. It is also quite efficient and easy to use.
- Type: Sit-on-top
- Length: 9’ 7” / 292cm
- Width: 29.5” / 75cm
- Kayak weight: 61pounds / 28kg
- Weight capacity: 223pounds / 102kg
- Weight Fully Rigged: 78pounds / 35kg
- Hull material: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Key Features of the Mirage Sport Kayak by Hobie
One of the best features of the Mirage Sport is that it is powered by MirageDrive 180. This is a hands-free system that propels the kayak forward when pedaling, making kayaking more efficient than ever.
More to that, it has Vantage CT Seating with 4-way adjustability, which is absolutely amazing. This equals more comfort, visibility and flexibility with back and lumbar support. With this, peddlers can enjoy kayaking with so much ease.
As if that is not enough, there are other amazing features that set the Mirage Sport apart:
- A Sail Mount which is optional to add power, and makes sailing fun and easy
- A Two-piece paddle for those times when you prefer paddling than peddling
- Twist and stow rudder
- 6” and 8” Twist and Seal Hatches that keep stowed items secure regardless of the state of the sea
- Two Rod Holders molded in
- Rear Cargo area having Bungee tie downs for storage
Stability and Performance
For a 115-inch-long kayak, the Mirage Sport is quite stable. This is because of its tri-hull design which improves its stability greatly. It moves quite easily and is easy to pilot even in crowded waters. Also, thanks to its twist-and-stow rudder and its tri-hull design, it tracks quite well.
Worried About Storage?
Surprisingly, the small Mirage Sport has quite sufficient storage. The rear cargo area and the large compartment in the bow store the larger tools and equipment. Also, the twist and seal hatches and mesh pockets on either side of the cockpit are efficient for storing small tools.
- Great stability
- Ease in maneuvering small waters
- Ample storage capacity
- Compact and easy to transport and store
- High quality and extra durable
- Ease in fishing
- Quite comfortable and flexible seating
- Is not very easy to carry by a small, elderly or physically challenged person
- Does not come with a skid plate which leaves the hull exposed
- Not quite comfortable for large sized users
The Mirage Sport is the Kayak for you if you are looking for premium performance in a small-water craft. Its hands-free pedaling system is the best if you fish small waters or desire to take photographs while touring.
Even though it might not work for tall or large-sized anglers, it still comfortably accommodates most anglers of average body size.
If your priority is performance, stability, ease and comfort, we believe that Hobie’s Mirage Sport is the Kayak for you.